It’s Not Easy Being a Parent of A Gifted Child…
The answers can be spread far and wide across many disciplines and can be difficult to find. Many parents of gifted children feel all alone, different from other parents.
Intensities, sensitivities, emotional overexcitabilities can be overwhelming!
Parents of gifted children struggle with unique challenges that other parents do not have.
There is Hope!
When you understand your child, their strengths and weaknesses through the lens of neuropsychology, the social and emotional characteristics of giftedness, and some of the Top Supportive Parenting Paradigms of today……
Overwhelm turns into Encouragement!
Resources for Young Children and Teens
Is My Child Gifted? Characteristics List of Gifted Children
Your Free Characteristics of Gifted Children CheckList. The Holistic Definition and Social and Emotional Characteristics of Gifted Children
Program for Parents with Gifted Children
Encouragement Parenting Training for Parents of Gifted Children
Your hands-on resource to handle challenging behaviors and your roadmap for parenting gifted children ages 5-11, even if you’ve tried other parenting systems.
Your Online Video Training includes:
- How to end power struggles and get kids to listen
- Key Phrases and Words that invite cooperation
- How to understand your child’s behavior
- Uncovering what’s driving the behaviors that you see (the real reason for troublesome behaviors)
- How to manage anger and intensities
- How to support self-regulation and problem solving
- The 30 minutes once a week Meeting that brings peace and quiet to your home
and so much more
- Gifted 101 Training via Email
- Full Access to the Encouragement Parenting Online Portal and Program for 1 full year
- My 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Tools and skills from evidence-backed parent programs that work
How to Parent a Gifted Child Training
Combining current research with hands-on examples and experiential exercises, you will learn about misconceptions of giftedness, gain a deeper understanding of your child, and take away my 3 biggest parenting strategies.
- The Mistakes People Make when Identifying Gifted Children when they don’t know the 2 traits that all gifted people possess and the different types of gifted.
- The not talked about issues and characteristics of Gifted Children that will help you understand your child like never before.
- My Top 3 Parent Strategies using hands-on experiential work so that you take away solid tools when parenting your child.
So you feel more connected, focused, and confident when parenting your gifted child.
- Full access for 1 full year
- My 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Tools and Skills from evidence-based Parent Trainings that Work
This is the training I wish I would have had when my son was 3. The training my clients say they wish they had years before they came to see me. This training is educational only, it is not intended for mental health consultation or consultation regarding my child’s health or mental health.
OUR PARENTS’ STORIES
“My “baby” is leaving for college in two weeks. I so wish I had this information 18 years ago. We knew my oldest was gifted but my son was very different. Creative type with intensities that masked giftedness for a while. Good night. Bless you for sharing this information and clearing up misconceptions.”
Listening to this talk really re-set my mind for positivity with my family and the internal visual of my children in 15 years made me cry, loving families we all have and want.”
Catherine Gruener, M.A., M.A., LCPC, NCC, DCC
Founder & Owner, Gruener Consulting LLC
CEO of the Encouragement Parenting Division
M.A. in Neuropsychology, M.A. in Professional Counseling
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
National Certified Counselor
Distance Credentialed Counselor
Certified Positive Discipline Educator (PDTC) and Trainer Candidate
Executive Board Member, Secretary, Association for Child and Adolescent Counseling in Illinois
Member, Social and Emotional (now Sub-committee) of the Illinois Association for Gifted Children (since 2009)
Ok, I can sit here and write about my degree in neuropsychology and degree in clinical counseling. I can talk about how I’ve been assessing, counseling, and helping others be their best selves through research and clinical jobs since 1994. I could even tell you about all the awards I’ve gotten over the years, but I suspect you already know about all that, and if you don’t, you can easily find it elsewhere on the internet. More importantly you would like to know what I know about gifted children and parents, and who I am.
Hi, I’m Catherine. Since 2009 I have dedicated myself to understanding what this thing “Gifted” means, all the characteristics, the ups, the downs, the ins and outs about gifted children and families. I’ve been trained in counseling gifted, wrote a blog that I took down and am moving into this community, have been active as a board member for the social and emotional lives of Gifted children, have given talks across the U.S. and across the Greater Chicagoland area, spearheaded an initiative across the Chicago-land area to educate mental health professionals on the unique characteristics of gifted children, convinced IAGC to work on educating all school social workers on the social and emotional characteristics of gifted, and even self-published a book, “What to Expect When You Have the Unexpected, Parenting Young Gifted Children.” Would you like to know more? Listen to the interview above from 2011 and follow me on Social Media.
1010 Jorie Blvd, Oak Brook, IL. 60523
© Copyright 2020 All Rights Reserved. Powered by catherinegruener.com